1 Alyssa @ Keeping the Kingdom First July 3, 2008 at 8:43 pm

Hey Scott,

I also use ING Direct, and wholeheartedly recommend it. The only “catch” would be the wait time between transfers. It is not instant, so you may be waiting 1-2 days to see funds available.

If you can live with that, I say, go for it!

By the way, thanks for commenting on my blog and also for the entrecard review. I really appreciate it!

Stumbled ya’!

2 Saph @ Walk With Me July 7, 2008 at 7:41 am

I use them and love it. I think there is a limit on withdrawals on the savings account. I don’t have a checking account so I don’t know about that. I’ve read somewhere that some have had their account cancelled because they were high maintenance customers (whatever that meant).
I haven’t had any problems with them since I opened my account many years ago. You can get $25 if you sign up using someone’s referral link and open an account with $250. I’m assuming you already have someone referral link, but if not, let me know. :)

3 The Family CEO July 8, 2008 at 7:39 am

I’ve been with ING for a number of years and love it. Very easy interface and reliable transfers (although it does take a day or two).

In the name of passive income, however, you’ll want to sign up with a referral link. You’ll get $25 to start your account and the referrer will get $10.

The cool thing about that is you’ll then have those referral links to give. I was able to open accounts for my children with my own referral links. They got the $25 and I got the $10. Very easy money.

I’ve blogged about it on my blog if you’re interested. And of course I have those referral links to give if you’re planning on opening an account. ;-)

4 Scott July 8, 2008 at 2:29 pm

Sounds like ING is the winner :) Thanks Alyssa, Saph, and The Family CEO for your thoughts on ING. It looks like ING will meet all my criteria as an alternative to my current bank account.

5 The Happy Rock July 9, 2008 at 12:08 pm

I quadruple the props for ING. I have switched all my banking to them. They have been around a while, their website is top notch, and they listen to customers.

I even have an ING Electric Orange checking which is awesome and transfers to and from savings are instant. Currently I have 12 or so savings accounts and one checking account through them.

6 The Happy Rock July 9, 2008 at 12:09 pm

PS – Don’t forget ot take advantage of the free $25 dollars when you open an account.