ehow Passive Income Idea For Writers or Life Hacks

by Scott on January 25, 2009

Looking for sources of passive income can be incredibly difficult at times, but if you enjoy writing or have a blog it can be very lucrative. If you don’t have a blog, consider writing for ehow as you own your own content, is free and you can make money. Have a great family recipe or a shortcut to save time washing a car, or maybe you have some great hack skills. Yes, many people search google for life hacks, money hacks, or computer hacks. People are always looking for shortcuts or ways to increase productivity or just plain make things easier. Here’s your chance to help and make some money too.

I’ve written 30 ehow articles in just 4 days and already have many of them indexed by google and making adsense revenue. I quickly found how much fun and addictive ehow can be for writers. After writing a few articles I wanted to learn from some of the pro’s on ehow and found a few who were making some serious passive income. A lady by the name of WriterGig has an ehow ebook that she wrote that offers some fantastic tips for generating passive income from writing articles on ehow. I’ve purchased the book and already have been able to implement many of her suggestions. WriterGig is one of the top passive income writers on ehow and makes over $1,500 a month on her articles. I love how she’s making money while she sleeps or goes on vacation. This is a great passive income idea and writing by someone who writes on ehow and has had incredible success with it. Her book is not filled with empty ideas or get rich quick ideas. WriterGig has compiled fantastic tips in a detailed book that will motivate and inspire you to write more effective ehow articles and earn more revenue. She even shares some ideas to help market your articles and ways to earn more money through ehow. If you are new to ehow or want to increase your passive income or residual income, check out WriterGig’s ebook.

Here are just a few of my 50 articles found on ehow:

How To Buy Ultra High Relief Double Eagle Gold Coin
How To Make Extra Money At Home
How To Extend Battery On Nikon D40
How To Find Frugal Weight Loss Tips

If you’re on ehow, please add me as a friend or consider purchasing the ebook. It’s a great investment.

{ 3 trackbacks }

Make Money Articles and More « Dollaris
January 26, 2009 at 10:07 am
PFI Weekly Updates - February 3 (2009) — Passive Family Income
February 3, 2009 at 8:32 am
Weekly Blog Reading: 1k Twitter Followers Edition | The Passive Dad
March 8, 2009 at 4:04 am

1 Blake January 26, 2009 at 7:03 am

Might have to check it out. Is it pretty saturated by now, or do you think there’s room for it to grow still?

2 Scott January 26, 2009 at 11:24 am

@ Blake

I think ehow has plenty of room for growth still, including personal finance articles or niche markets. You can write articles and if pertinent, include links to your affiliate sites or blog posts. It has a great community where you can also share ideas and tips for marketing your articles.

3 Optician Practice Management Software January 27, 2009 at 3:59 am

I would love to read all the 30 articles wrote by you. Just four days and 30 articles.. That sounds good..

4 Blake January 27, 2009 at 7:41 am

Awesome!

5 Scott January 27, 2009 at 10:57 am

@ OPMS

Once you get going on ehow articles it’s kind of hard to stop. What is fun about ehow is the ability to write about various topics outside of your blog. Once you try writing a few, you’ll know what I mean.

6 cheapcindy January 28, 2009 at 3:25 pm

I write on ehow as well, I will look you up!

7 Scott January 28, 2009 at 3:36 pm

@ Cindy

Thanks for adding me as a friend on ehow.

8 JoAnne January 28, 2009 at 7:01 pm

This is great ! I just joined eHow a week ago and really enjoy it. I also have been reading about WriterGig. :)

Thanks for sharing, you are on my list!

9 Scott January 28, 2009 at 7:06 pm

@ JoAnne

Glad your having fun with ehow. I’ll look for your id and add you as a friend.

10 Dusty January 30, 2009 at 6:44 pm

I absolutely love eHow. The potential is absolutely staggering. With your talent, you should do nicely!

I am going to look you up and add you as a friend!

11 Scott January 31, 2009 at 9:10 pm

@ Dusty

Thanks for your encouragement with writing ehow articles. I sure would love to have some great passive income from ehow. My goal is to write several articles a day and a short term goal of 100 articles in two months.

12 Blake February 1, 2009 at 11:14 am

Hey Scott,

I just signed up but haven’t delved too deeply into the site yet. I have one niche article idea that I really want to write, and there is nothing already published, so I’m excited about that.

How exactly do you go about monetizing your articles?

Blake

13 plin February 1, 2009 at 9:57 pm

I have started writing articles for ehow as well.

Just out of curiousity, why didn’t you link your ehow article here?
I have seen quite a number of people do that in their own blogs.

14 Scott February 1, 2009 at 10:15 pm

@ Plin

I’ll add a few now. Thanks for the reminder.

15 Scott February 1, 2009 at 10:40 pm

@ Blake

It’s so easy to write an article on ehow. It takes between 10-30 minutes, depending on research required. If you already have written about the subject on your personal blog, it could take only a few minutes to write an ehow article. Niche articles can do very well and won’t be saturated by the typical “How to make money” articles.

You can make money two ways on ehow. One is through google ad revenue sharing with ehow. You earn a percentage of ad clicks on your articles. You’ll receive more traffic with better keywords in your title and post. Also helps to have links to your ehow article in your blog or through forums or social networks. The second way to earn money on ehow is through affiliate marketing. You can link to Amazon or other affiliate links if they are pertinent to your article.

16 Blake February 2, 2009 at 10:21 am

Thanks for the info Scott! The first article I want to put up is an older post from my blog; it only took me about 10 minutes to hack it down into an Ehow-type article. I’m looking forward to getting started.

17 Scott February 2, 2009 at 1:25 pm

@ Blake

ehow is perfect for writers who have content on other sites, like blogs. Since you own your own content, you can use it on ehow. Great to see you got your first article written.

18 Steve February 3, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Passive Dad, how far into the future do these articles pay? Am curious to hear about your future earnings successes with these articles. If I see you earning enough, it may just inspire me to clack away some more at the keyboard! :)

19 Scott February 3, 2009 at 2:28 pm

@ Steve

I’m up to 60 articles and am earning a few pennies a day now, but I will definitely keep track of the earnings and post any significant earnings from ehow. I’m already seeing a trend on some articles for larger amounts of traffic, so I’m very impressed so far.

20 Maria -- WriterGig February 4, 2009 at 10:10 am

Congrats on getting started on eHow! I’ve found it is a great way to build up a stream of passive income, and you can do very well with niche topics and long-tail keywords not already on the site. I wrote a couple article this week that are already on the first page of Google due to high PR on eHow and low competition on the web. Keep us posted on your progress!

21 Scott February 4, 2009 at 10:59 am

@ Maria

I’m encouraged by your success with ehow and would be happy to just have a fraction of your earnings.

22 Steph February 9, 2009 at 6:25 pm

I published two articles last year, and have been surprised at how much they brought in over the year. Now I’m back to writing more! I added you as a friend!

23 Scott February 9, 2009 at 6:31 pm

@ Steph

Those must have been a couple of well written articles. Care to share any secrets? :) I’m really excited about the ehow community and willingness to help newbies like me learn more about making money on ehow. Just a fantastic group of people. Thanks for adding me as a friend and I look forward to reading your articles.

24 RachelB April 4, 2009 at 9:53 am

I have only been an eHow writer for the past three months, but I am really enjoying myself so far. Also, I have seen a steady increase in my income. As so many people have pointed out, the key is to keep writing, even when you feel discouraged.

25 Laura July 27, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Has anyone tried out InfoBarrel? This is supposed to be similar to Ehow.