Money Saving Tips From ehow Friends

by Scott on February 16, 2009

just write it
photo credit: alien_nation

You’ve probably stumbled across ehow as you’re searching on google for searches like money saving tips or how to save money using coupons. I know I have and when I joined ehow I wanted to find friends that have a passion for saving money and making some extra income too. I’ve asked my ehow friends to send me interesting personal finance articles to help give us creative ideas to save money and make some too. Writing for ehow or another content website can create passive income for you. It does require time to create the article, but once written, you will have a source of passive income that can continue to pay each month. If you’ve never used ehow before, it only takes a few minutes to join and it’s free. Be sure to add me as a friend using the link found here. My ehow friends have sent me several personal finance articles and I’ve chosen a small sample of my favorites:

Dkrunner wrote How To Take A Cheap Vacation. Taking local backpacking day trips and picnic lunches with the family is a very frugal type of mini vacation.

Circusmama wrote How to Calculate Electricity Costs for Appliances. This ehow article is very helpful to calculate electricity usage and cut down on vampire power consumption. Figuring out if your old fridge consumes $20 or $50 a month can help your family conserve energy and stretch your utility budget. Most of my appliances are energy star rated, but does that mean they are still efficient? I’m going to run some of these calculations and hope you do as well.

Bella Casa wrote How to Make Extra Money Online and says she’s made $4-5 a week from YouData.com website. I’ve never heard of YouData, but apparently you get paid to watch ads and are paid weekly through paypal.

Cheap Cindy wrote How to Survive The Second Great Depression and shares tips on renting out a room to make extra income. Also, taking public transportation or selling a second vehicle. Selling a second or third car can save money on insurance, gas, registration and even maintenance. If you have a car sitting in the driveway or garage you’ll end up paying more to replace tires or a dead battery.

Moneydoc wrote How to Insure Your Investment Portfolio Value where cd’s are discussed to provide security to a portfolio.

If you write for ehow, be sure to add me as a friend as well.

1 Wojciech Kulicki February 16, 2009 at 5:19 am

The only experience I have writing for content sites is Helium. I’m wondering how the two compare. Just at first glance, eHow seems much more community-based, although Helium does have the ranking system. Anyone else with experience in both?

2 Steph February 16, 2009 at 8:19 am

I’ve used both, and my articles at Ehow have earned a lot more than the articles at Helium over the past year. However, Helium does have upfront payments once you have at least one writing star. At Helium, you can also win monetary prizes in contests and be paid for articles through their Marketplace.

3 Scott February 16, 2009 at 11:31 am

@ Steph

I’ve not heard of Helium and will check it out. I wonder if they are giving away any imacs as prizes? Well, any prize won could be used as a gift for someone else too.

4 Bella Casa February 16, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Hi Scott!

Thanks so much for including my eHow article on your blog.

Right now, I am only earning about a $1 per week with YouData.com…I used to make $4-5. I hope it picks back up again, but to me, it’s still very easy money, so I am sticking with them.

Thanks again!

Bella

5 cheapcindy February 16, 2009 at 1:41 pm

Scott,
Thanks for posting my ehow article. I am learning so much from the from the other articles, and your site as well.

Cindy

6 asithi February 17, 2009 at 9:27 am

I signed up for ehow based upon another blogger’s post. I haven’t done anything with it yet. I am waiting for inspiration. My own blog earns me approximately $10 a month, plus I get free stuff to review. So I am having a difficult time trying to find the motivation to write elsewhere. But I will add you as a friend on ehow.

7 Maria @ Residual Income Web February 17, 2009 at 9:36 am

I think eHow is a great way to build a residual income stream online. It’s not hard to do, and the earnings add up more quickly than you’d think.

8 Trey - Swollen Thumb Entertainment February 17, 2009 at 7:59 pm

I’ve heard good things about ehow for us writers. I don’t want to get sidetracked from building my blog just yet, but I want to try it out in the near future. Thanks for the reminder! I’m going to put this on my calendar right now.

9 Saver Queen February 18, 2009 at 4:14 pm

Cool! You inspired me to try it! I just finished my first article on how to get great Canadian coupons. I have a whole bunch more I’d like to write too! Thanks for the suggestion. i added you as a friend!

10 Residual Income - Kai January 18, 2010 at 3:04 am

Although eHow is a good source of residual income, ultimately, it’s best to have your own website. You can also try Hubpages and Infobarrel as well.

11 Scott January 18, 2010 at 12:56 pm

Kai-

I haven’t try hub pages yet. How is it working for you? Are you able to link to your blog?